Liz practices primarily in general civil law, business, estate planning, appellate work, insurance defense, and criminal defense.
Liz has experience in both state and federal court. During her undergraduate studies, Liz interned at the Buffalo County State’s Attorney’s office, and before law school, she served as a bailiff/courtroom clerk in Buffalo County Court. After obtaining her law degree, Liz served as a law clerk for the Honorable Roberto A. Lange of the United States District Court for the District of South Dakota in Pierre.
Liz is a 2015 Sterling Honors graduate from the University of South Dakota School of Law, where she graduated second in her class and served as Editor-in-Chief of the South Dakota Law Review. While in law school, Liz also competed in a national trial team tournament in Puerto Rico and served as graduate assistant to the Dean and writing professors where she assisted in legal writing instruction and individually tutored first-year law students. She was the recipient of multiple academic and writing scholarships and twelve Deans Awards for Academic Achievement, which are awarded to the student with the highest grade in each course. Liz received her dual Bachelors of Science in Criminal Justice and Political Science, with Honors, from the University of Nebraska at Kearney in 2010 and is native to the Kearney area, having graduated from Elwood High School. Liz currently resides in Amherst.
Litigation | Business | Criminal | Insurance Defense | Personal Injury | Landlord/Tenant Juvenile | Wills, Trusts & Estate Planning | Appellate Work
- University of South Dakota School of Law, J.D., with Highest Honors, 2015
University of Nebraska at Kearney, B.S., Criminal Justice, honorable mention, 2010
Nebraska Supreme Court
U.S. District Court – Nebraska
South Dakota Supreme Court
U.S. District Court – South Dakota
Nebraska State Bar Association
Buffalo County Bar Association
South Dakota State Bar Association
Nebraska Criminal Defense Attorneys Association
Kearney Young Professionals Network
Leadership Kearney Class #27
- State of Nebraska v. Dawson W. Trampe (Criminal Law) Nebraska Court of Appeals, July 23, 2019
- Becher v. Hunt Irrigation, Inc. (Insurance Defense/Contract) Nebraska Court of Appeals, June 18, 2019
- State on Behalf of Sawyer R. v. Dusty D. (Family Law) Nebraska Court of Appeals, April 23, 2019
- Blauvelt v. Shanahan (Family Law) Nebraska Court of Appeals, November 13, 2018
- In re Interest of Kane L & Carter L. (Juvenile Law) Nebraska Supreme Court. May 4, 2018.
- Schmaderer v. Schmaderer (Family Law) Nebraska Court of Appeals, October 24, 2017
- BLOG: The Nebraska Family Visitation Act, December 2019
- BLOG: 2019 Buffalo County Property Valuation & Protest, June 2019
- Chrisp has article published in March/April 2019 issue of Nebraska Lawyer, March 2019
- BLOG: You Just Obtained New Privacy Rights: How Our Nation’s High Court Decided Carpenter v. United States, June 26, 2018
- BLOG Post: Does Your Home or Residential Property Have Enough Carbon Monoxide Detectors? The New Law You Should Know About, April 12, 2017
- BLOG Post: Attention Parents: The Best Gift You Can Give Your Minor Children, February 2, 2017
- Holbrook & Chrisp have article published in November/December issue of Nebraska Lawyer, November 1, 2016